My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Results of an interview

Before I start, let me first state that this is NOT a representative sample of Americans. Nothing could be further from the truth. This would be results of a convenience sample of americans and possibly bulgarians who have chosen to come work in yellowstone for the summer.

I had an informal interview with Kevan Kimm of Washington yesterday, and the interesting thing was that Personal usage was the most important reason why he had a mobile phone. He didn't bring it up to yellowstone because the network operator did not have coverage in yellowstone. Apparently, in my area the only operator with reliable coverage is Verizon and possibly AT&T. Another reason for having a mobile phone was for "official purposes" e.g. to remain contactable should he have to travel away from home for long periods and a prospective employer calls.

Features used on the mobile phone: Almost purely voice.
He knows of some of the features available e.g. sms, downloading ringtones etc but seldom uses them.
Also, he is aware that newer phones have cameras, web surfing ability etc but price is an important reason for not getting the phones.

As it was purely an informal interview without any set questions, I shall have to leave it at that, more another time as I try to get my survey questions emailed to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home