My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

In the middle of Yellowstone

Internet addiction takes on a whole new meaning here.
Internet time is carefully rationed out, and people sign up once every three days, for half an hour each time.
Staying here makes me appreciate how "connected" life in Singapore really is.
Although I do see people talking on their mobile phones, I haven't heard a single handphone go off during my 2 weeks here.

Had a chance to talk to Preston who's an American and the only reason he got a handphone was because he would be working in Yellowstone until October. I have a feeling he's not representative of the general American population but then again, America's a large country with many people and the "average" American might not really be that "average" after all.

In the meantime, the book "The Inmates are Running the Asylum" is pretty interesting and makes me further appreciate the idea of pattern design., which I have already blogged about.

I'm waiting for Jessica to finish the other book so that we can swap around and I can get started on the other book about M-commerce which I feel is probably pretty relevant as to how technology can be used.

Also, I've already gotten another person to agree to a short interview for research purposes, but I've got to find questions to ask Eddie first.... Time to get the brain working again. More stuff about OoBE, user experiences and expectations, willingness to pay etc etc...

Oh well, my half an hour's pretty much up, so I guess I'll post some stuff from the interviews when I get the data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home